View Single Post
Old 07.10.2012, 16:45

Groaned at 63 Times in 21 Posts
ARC_VD has earned the respect of manyARC_VD has earned the respect of manyARC_VD has earned the respect of many
Re: SBB Complaint: Fined for handwriting date on day pass

Quote:
View Post
At the machine, I saw a return ticket and since I needed to return from Lausanne on Sunday I thought it was the easiest, no need for a new ticket on Sunday. Well wrong of course since return tickets are only valid the same day (not stated on the machine when you take the ticket..)
So I got caught on Sunday for not having a valid ticket, got fined just as if I didn't bought anything even if the agent could see I had a return the was bought on Friday at 22.00 and validated by his colleague at 22.30 anf not return was used...
Conclusion: if they find the smallest reason to charge you they will, even if you're obviously being honest.
Well, yours is actually a very different story. I am sorry for you but in that case they do have the right to fine you... the reason is, there's not always a ticket collector on board, so you could have very well used that ticket to go to Lausanne, back to Geneva, then bought a single ticket to Lausanne again and tried to use the old one which didn't get checked before again.

That is why return tickets you buy which are over a certain amount of kilometres (I would say 100 but I can't really recall the exact figure) are allowed to be used several days after, as they consider it is very hard not get it validated by a ticket collector since you stay in the train for a long time.
This user would like to thank ARC_VD for this useful post: