View Single Post
Old 25.10.2012, 14:02

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
ng1412 has made some interesting contributions
Moved out of apartment, landlord elusive and not done handover...what are our rights?

We terminated the lease in the correct way and this was accepted by the landlord. The tenancy ended at end of July and in the run up to this we tried to pin the landlord down to a time to do the check out. The landlord is notoriously difficult to get hold of and is frequently away on trips abroad without contact. She got back eventually but the dates she gave us were not suitable as one of my family members was admitted to hospital at that time. I emailed her back and kept her informed asking for alternative dates.

Fast forward to last week. We finally had contact from the landlady. She said there were scratches on the apartment floor and that the oven grill was bust. She asked us to contact our insurers and said she would be away from 24 Oct to 9 Nov and that she has tenants moving in mid November so needs things sorting out by then.

We contacted the insurers but they understandably wanted more info so I emailed her back asking for this the same day. She hasn't been in contact since.

We don't know what do apart from paying her a visit when she gets back and trying to sort things out then. Anyone any suggestions?

I have done a search on here for this specific problem but couldn't find anything anywhere, so apologies if this has already been covered.