View Single Post
Old 06.11.2012, 12:31
Forum Legend

Groaned at 99 Times in 88 Posts
Thanked 19,556 Times in 8,678 Posts
aSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Car Import from EU to Switzerland (less than 6months)

Quote:
View Post
Untrue statements:
1. "What you would do and Elira is already doing is tax fraud"

With the limited information that the OP provided, this is not true. I wasn't even sure if the OP had moved to Switzerland yet.
Elira said: "Once I am ready I will import the car" and "I am driving in Switzerland [...] car is insured in Italy"furtermore Elira lives in Schaffhausen. So we know that she just drove over the boarder w/o respecting any formalities. Tax and custom fraud. OP wanted to do the same as Elira.

Quote:
View Post
2. "The problem is that you cannot easily import a car into Switzerland once you have residency in Switzerland."

Huh? It was pretty easy for me and I'm not that smart (I did it based on previous threads in this forum).
Now we have to look what easily means. It is easy to import a car as a tourist. It is easy to import 500g of fresh meat. Or 1 liter of booze. You just drive over the border and verbally say "Nothing to declare". Thats easily importing. Importing a car means paper work, form 15.whatever, MCO, bill, and finally paying taxes and duty. I wont call that easily importing (especially compared to just driving over the border), nevertheless the whole procedure may be relatively easy.