View Single Post
Old 19.11.2012, 12:30
Forum Legend

Groaned at 284 Times in 189 Posts
Thanked 18,548 Times in 7,787 Posts
Phil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Asked to strike out the No subletting clause

Quote:
View Post
I'm not using an agent, and the front man for the owner (who lives in the building) has presented me with a tenant agreement, but wants me to cross out the no-sub-letting clause.

We've been advised not to strike it out. And that it is perfectly normal to leave it in there.

Also, I've been told that the work will be done by Dec (early) (my move in date) but the contract says there will be noise. Why have it in the contract if the work is going to be finished by the time I move in?

Also, the land outside is just mud and will stay that way until the lay grass in the Spring.

What do you think?
because if it is not finished by december and there is noise, they've told you there is noise so you can't complain and reduce rent. in fact, maybe it will be finished next december. who knows? ditto for grass.