View Single Post
Old 25.11.2012, 11:14
Forum Legend

Groaned at 29 Times in 25 Posts
Thanked 23,298 Times in 7,378 Posts
meloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: To move or not to move to Schaffhausen - all info greatly appreciated!

Quote:
View Post
Oh one last question could anyone let us know the rate of tax in Schaffhausen, I heard it was suppose to lower to compete with Zug for international investment did this happen?
Income taxes in Schaffhausen are high; as you are browsing on Homegate, click on the 'Steuerrechner' to compare areas.

To give you an idea according to the Steuerrechner: On normal taxation at an income of CHF 120,000, married, 1 child, no religion one would pay ca. 14,000 in Zug and 31,000 in Schaffhausen. If taxed at source, for the same scenario one would pay ca, 4100 in ZG and ca. 11,000 in SH.

ETA:

I just put the same scenario into Comparis, and came up with very different figures for Schaffhausen. For normal taxation, Comparis gives ca. 14,000 for Zug and 23,000 in Schaffhausen, on Quellensteuer in ZG 3300 and 11,000 in SH. I was surprised by the difference so I looked for a calculator from Schaffhausen itself:

http://steuerrechner.sh.ch/steuernnat/calculateTax

Which comes up with 32,000 under normal taxation.

Anyway, play around with the calculators for your own situtation - and if unsure, ask a professional or your bank for an estimate.

Last edited by meloncollie; 25.11.2012 at 13:31.
This user would like to thank meloncollie for this useful post: