View Single Post
Old 25.11.2012, 15:15
Forum Legend

Groaned at 269 Times in 175 Posts
Thanked 16,484 Times in 7,002 Posts
Phil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond repute
Re: To move or not to move to Schaffhausen - all info greatly appreciated!

if the financial factor is an important consideration, i suggest you take advice on this as the tax difference really depends on how much you are earning etc. and also impacted by rent e.g. a few years ago, i rented a 4 bed flat for 1600 pcm and then a 5.5 room house for 2500 pcm. i don't know much about zug property market, but suspect that you would pay a lot more there.

also, if you are earning lots, i saw that taxes in schaffhausen became cheaper than parts of zurich once you were earning over 350k or so (single, no kids).

again, really depends on circumstances.

lastly, i'd say that schaffhausen is a great place to live and work and deserves its title as the best city in switzerland.