View Single Post
Old 25.11.2012, 16:02

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
MommaT has no particular reputation at present
Re: To move or not to move to Schaffhausen - all info greatly appreciated!

Wow, thank you for all the super fast replies! You guys are fantastic!

Meloncollie, your indication for tax (we checked homegate) shows that there will be a HUGE increase in tax, so the initial financial pull is probably not as glamorous as we originally thought!

You are all right in relation to lower living cost apartment rental food shopping (Germany) but I'm not sure yet if we would be able to check that off against the tax loss.

Schaffhausen for sure seems like such a wonderful place with many kind and friendly people but so is Zug (meli23 I'm so sorry you got such a terrible impression of the village, it's actually quite a wonderful place to live with the locals being more than friendly and people far less pretentious than Zurich (although you can meet a few!!) if you're ever in zug again (and we do not move) give me a shout and hopefully I can show you some of the nicer elements to the village! ). The cost of day to day life is probably a bit higher but after doing some taxation comparisons I guess it levels the balance!

Well now we need to add up the pros and cons of both options and come to a decision. Thank you once again for all of your wonderful comments which have really help highlight many critical point to us!

Have a wonderful Sunday!
This user would like to thank MommaT for this useful post: