View Single Post
Old 27.11.2012, 19:49
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
anowheels has an excellent reputationanowheels has an excellent reputationanowheels has an excellent reputationanowheels has an excellent reputation
Re: Is it worth changing your health insurance company?

Quote:
View Post
Hello,

I am with a health insurance company since June and so far everything was right, nor troubles at all. That said, I did not use much of it, but what I did, worked quite good, nothing to complain.

The problem is that, from January 1st the premium will grow 20%.

I checked how much I would pay from January with a different health insurance company, and, I could save exactly this 20%.

My question is, is it worth to change to another health insurance company?

I am afraid that my experience in the new one could be worse, or that they can state that the medical services I might need come from problems I had in the past.

Any experience or advice?

Maybe simpler to pay 20% and stay like that, but it makes me somehow hungry to face such a grow in the premium.
Do you have just basic insurance? Then change if you would like - a new company cannot deny you basic insurance or coverage, even for preexisting conditions. Do you also have a supplemental insurance? Then it's possible the new company may not cover you for supplemental insurance. Also, it may be too late to cancel supplemental insurance with your current company, depending on your contract and whether the rates for the supplemental insurance also rose.

Last edited by anowheels; 27.11.2012 at 20:17. Reason: .