View Single Post
Old 28.11.2012, 11:21
Forum Legend

Groaned at 266 Times in 174 Posts
Thanked 15,050 Times in 6,387 Posts
Phil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Flickr rules for selling items

Quote:
View Post
Received the below message from Flickr after setting up an account to sell some stuff here on EF. It is my first foray into flogging things on the forum.

I did not read the Terms, mea culpa, but am used to going through the motions as far as signing up to the hundreds of websites. Was not expecting to see this.

I am sure I have seen other people post their stuff to sell using Flickr. What gives?

In joining Flickr, you agreed to abide by the Terms of Service and Community Guidelines. Flickr accounts are intended for individual use, for our members to share original content that they've created, not to sell stuff:

"Don't Use Flickr for Commercial Purposes Flickr is for personal use only. If you sell products, services or yourself through your photostream, we will terminate your account. Any other commercial use of Flickr, Flickr technologies (including APIs, Flickrmail, etc), or Flickr accounts must be approved by Flickr."

http://www.flickr.com/help/guidelines/

Please remove the URLs that link to your store/auction(s) from underneath your photos/video and/or any sales verbiage or “for sale” sets at your earliest convenience so that we don't have to take further action on your account.
they're probably getting ready to extradite you as we speak...
The following 2 users would like to thank Phil_MCR for this useful post: