View Single Post
Old 10.12.2012, 12:25
dannyt986's Avatar
dannyt986 dannyt986 is offline
Forum Veteran
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Wollerau, Schwyz
Posts: 1,834
Groaned at 26 Times in 19 Posts
Thanked 725 Times in 486 Posts
dannyt986 has a reputation beyond reputedannyt986 has a reputation beyond reputedannyt986 has a reputation beyond reputedannyt986 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: UK Tax return and Swiss Tax Return

View Post
Hi all,

Please forgive my ignorance in advance!

I have been working in Switzerland now for over 4 months! Great so far!

In the UK I own a property and have rented it out! I have informed the UK Tax office and have been told that I wont have to file any tax return until 2012/2013 return times.

The thing I have a question about is do I have to let the Swiss government know about this? I;m not trying to dodge paying anything but my probably stupid train of thought was that this income for the flat in the UK is being paid in the UK and I would be taxed there accordingly and that Switzerland wouldn't have to know!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated


Quite a few threads on this topic already using the magic search function.

We assume you are on a B permit and paying quellensteuer. If you earn over 120k you will have to fill out a Swiss tax return in any event and declare the property, mortgages and related income and expense, however the income and assets are not taxed, but may slightly increase your tax rate. You dont need to do anything for now.

If you dont earn over 120k it seems to depend on the canton if they want you to do a return because of the property. Safest route would be to contact them and ask.
Reply With Quote