View Single Post
Old 10.12.2012, 12:25
Stew's Avatar
Stew Stew is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Frauenfeld
Posts: 89
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 65 Times in 33 Posts
Stew is considered knowledgeableStew is considered knowledgeableStew is considered knowledgeable
Re: UK Tax return and Swiss Tax Return

Yes you have to declare all income no matter where it's from (assuming you are earning over CHF120K a year and having to submit a return).

Taxed on rental income for house in UK

The swiss won't tax the income from the rental directly but it will have the effect of raising the tax band for your Swiss income and hence the amount of tax you pay on Swiss income will increase (depending on how much income you have from the UK).

You can deduct related expenses (management fees, VAT, maintenance, mortgage interest) on your Swiss return.

As it stands, I don't pay any UK tax on my UK rental income since it falls beneath the UK personal allowance (after deducting the same expenses as above).
Reply With Quote