View Single Post
Old 17.12.2012, 18:36
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 176 Times in 126 Posts
Thanked 3,384 Times in 1,536 Posts
Jobsrobertsharpii has a reputation beyond reputeJobsrobertsharpii has a reputation beyond reputeJobsrobertsharpii has a reputation beyond reputeJobsrobertsharpii has a reputation beyond reputeJobsrobertsharpii has a reputation beyond reputeJobsrobertsharpii has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What the hell is going on with guns in the US?

Quote:
View Post
How can Jobsrobertsharpii reply soundly to points which are either ill prepared or loaded with emotional rhetoric, and why should he? Only a few people have shown the slightest bit of intelligence in response to this terrible event. Okay I'll point it out.

Crazed youth shoots youngsters in school

Shouldn't we be looking at the subject of this statement rather than the verb, i.e. crazed youth, or shall we run straight at the verb like a bull at a gate. Obahma says it won't be easy, he's right because nobody wants to tackle the obvious or even start looking at how middle class american parents (and europe to some extent) have failed to take time to nurture their youth. Discuss.
Once a gun comes into the equation, people become emotionally charged, so its hard to take an objective look at these things. That's why these killings are still happening; Americans keep reacting emotively, passing ineffective laws, and then going back to American Idol or Survivor, completely ignoring the bigger problem.

Simply because I am pro-gun-ownership, I am called names and groaned for stating that gun control has proven to be a poor answer in the US and that there is a much bigger problem that cannot be covered over by a feel-good gun control law.