View Single Post
Old 21.02.2008, 18:11
Rahip Rahip is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Aargau
Posts: 32
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 14 Times in 8 Posts
Rahip has no particular reputation at present
Re: Proof of safe electrics before we buy house

Hi swinburne

things became a little more complicated recently. So far it was the business of your local energy supplier to do the big checks every 20 years.

Now you as the owner are responsible to get this done. You have to find a qualified electrician to do the work. However usually the energy supplier keeps offering this since they have the resources anyway, you can choose someone else if you like.

Ask the electrician for the "Sicherheitsnachweis Elektroinstallationen", he should send you a standard form declaring that he checked for earth faults, function of devices and so on. Keep this for the next twenty years.

Also make sure the ground fault circuit interrupters are up to date. I live in a flat where only bathroom and kitchen are protected, for kids especially this is unacceptable. Totally legal though as long as it's an existing wiring. As long as you don't use an electric welder at home 10mA fault current is advisable.

Reply With Quote