View Single Post
Old 22.02.2008, 01:10
Forum Legend

Groaned at 101 Times in 92 Posts
Thanked 9,106 Times in 4,522 Posts
miniMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Proof of safe electrics before we buy house

Quote:
View Post
Hi Everybody
I can't believe how kind and helpful everybody has been about this subject, Your advice had been very useful. I have emailed the commune and asked if a letter from the electrician will be enough proof that the house is electrically legal or do I have the get an independant in to check aswell. I will let you know the outcome as soon as I get a reply.
Thanks so much again
Swinburne

An electrician that is certified to do these inspections is what you need. So when you say "can the electrician do it" vs "should an independent do it" your are sort of missing the point. Generally they are independent electricians who have been certified to do the inspection.

For example, we bought our house from an electrician. Not that I would want him to do the inspection, but even if I did ask him to do it, he couldn't as he hasn't been certified to do so.

Hope that makes sense.