View Single Post
Old 19.01.2013, 18:40
Forum Legend

Groaned at 124 Times in 91 Posts
Thanked 7,531 Times in 3,536 Posts
Mrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond repute
Re: SwissCaution - the apartment deposit lenders thread

Quote:
View Post
We are looking to move and the deposit for the new place is a cool 9,000 chuffs, and our existing deposit of 5,000 chuffs is in a bank account. I don't expect any grief or retention of our existing deposit when we move, but am wary of the landlords ability to hold it back for up to 12 months. On top of the other moving fees finding 9k is a stretch, so I was wondering if in principle a landlord would/could accept say 50% cash 50% SwissCaution, the SwissCaution to be replaced by cash when the existing deposit is released, and the SwissCaution cancelled, or must it be wholly cash or SwissCaution?
I know you don't have much use for relocation agents
Quote:
View Post
We had a relo' agent and other than a bit of driving 1 day didn't do much else.
But you might be surprised to learn that the situation such as the one you described above is something I am familiar with and have negotiated for clients.

I hope you find a good solution.
This user would like to thank Mrs. Doolittle for this useful post: