View Single Post
Old 20.01.2013, 13:47
Newbie 1st class

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
M_D_Kaiser has no particular reputation at present
Driving School Won't Give Me A Refund

Hey,

I took some driving classes last year at BIG Fahrschule AG in Zurich; my instructor broke his leg and couldn't work the month before my practical exam. I contacted the company (asking for a replacement or a refund of the missed lessons) but never heard back.

Since then I've emailed them several times (unanswered) and proceeded to sending them a letter detailing what happened. All I got back was a letter telling me to "settle it with my driving instructor". Now he's not working at that company anymore. The payment was made out to the company, so I'm pretty sure they are the ones I need to deal with.

What can I do here? I am pretty angry at the way this has been handled by my driving school (ignoring and referring me for several months now). At "only" 400 CHF this isn't something I'd like to take to court, but is there some consumer organization that I could contact?

Thanks for the help.

(The driving school sells lessons in "packs". I had paid for 5 lessons a few days before my instructor broke his leg, so the "pack" hasn't even been started. Not that it makes a difference...)