View Single Post
Old 21.01.2013, 17:39
Moderately Amused

Groaned at 63 Times in 60 Posts
Thanked 15,239 Times in 7,001 Posts
3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Recollections of first days in Switzerland - share your experiences

First day I landed, but didn't move here, was quite an interesting experience. I had not even been to Europe before.

We flew into Basel and went through immigration and customs on the Swiss side. Walked around somewhere in the airport so we could go through immigration into France. This was back in the days when there were still controls at the borders. Rented a car in France. Drove it off airport grounds and re-immigrated into CH. Took backroads to our destination since we didn't have the highway sticker and didn't want to pay for it for a short visit.

It was summer and absolutely gorgeous. Drove all over the place and hit many of the touristy spots. Took tons of pictures. Met the future in-laws. On the way back: drove into France, returned the car, re-immigrated to CH and flew home.

It was a memorable and fun trip. Little did I know I'd be married to the same guy and living here several years later!
This user would like to thank 3Wishes for this useful post: