View Single Post
Old 25.01.2013, 10:41

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Dual US/Swiss Citizen has made some interesting contributions
Re: Tina Turner to become Swiss

Quote:
View Post
Paying 15% now may be a wise move to avoid the sure-to-increase estate taxes, and a higher capital gains tax, etc. to which she would likely be subjected. While estimating my 2012 US tax bill, renouncing my US cititzenship crosses my mind, but I'm not wealthy enough for the Swiss to take me early!
She should probably 'purchase' her freedom from US citizenship taxation before the price goes even further up. When the facebook founder, Eduardo Saverin renounced, several US senators wanted to make renunciation even more difficult. Also as you said capital gains tax will go up. I think this is partily due to a new Obamacare tax. She will finally be able to invest without all the complications, etc. Right now most of the banks probably don't even want her business because of the legal risks form the US. In the end she is removing all the uncertainty for the future and making her life a lot easier. This is sad that the US is treating its expats so poorly but this is reality.
The following 8 users would like to thank Dual US/Swiss Citizen for this useful post: