View Single Post
Old 24.02.2008, 00:54
Forum Legend

Groaned at 125 Times in 92 Posts
Thanked 7,626 Times in 3,570 Posts
Mrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Where to buy an "Ensemble" style bed ?

Quote:
View Post
We went shopping for furniture today, in preparation for moving into our permanent place next week, but were very disappointed to discover that the only beds that seem to be available are those using a frame and slats (of various different designs) with a non-innerspring mattress.

Neither of us like this style of bed. We find them noisy, fragile (heck, one of the beds we sat down on in PFister today collapsed out from under us because something gave way in the frame or slats ) and almost always too low to the ground (relatively unimportant to me, but my wife likes the top of the mattress to be close to a metre off the ground).
Sorry to hear about your unpleasant shopping experience. I have no idea what your budget is but a good bed is not cheap. In your search have you come across this product? http://www.huesler-nest.ch/ They have information in English on the website.

It uses a slat system but probably unlike anything you have seen. You do not need to buy a bed frame from them. Their frames tend to be low. Their product will fit into the standard size bed frames.

There is a dealer located near me and this is the ONLY bed he sells. If the customer buys a bed from him and is not satisfied, he takes it back. (I think within 3 months). It really is worth taking a look at if it is within your budget.