View Single Post
Old 06.02.2013, 15:14
Forum Legend

Groaned at 33 Times in 29 Posts
Thanked 4,951 Times in 2,233 Posts
Chemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Nestlé best employer in Switzerland: survey

Quote:
View Post
Not hiring stupid people should drastically reduce accidents as well. Seriously, I would never work for a company that treats me like a little kid.
Ideally yes, unfortunately a good majority of the people in the world are stupid. One must only look at the sheer number of people in emergency wards with sprained ankles or breaks from falling. Most cases, if working, is a case where money is being spent and reduced work-productivity is being received.

I wouldn't call it treating works as children as much as educating them for safe practices and accident prevention and reduction. In a factory setting, one can never be sure of what might accidentally be on the surface of the stairs (or ones shoes). Even with the mandatory use of steel-toed/slip resistance footware even people on the far opposite of 'stupid' miss a stair in the odd occasion.

It's not a big deal once you being. I now hold rails instinctively whenever I'm traveling in the vertical direction. It has been beneficial on numerous occasions, namely in Zurich HB, when the stairs or escalator is a bit wet, it can be extremely slippery.