View Single Post
Old 25.02.2008, 17:48
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 19 Times in 15 Posts
FriendlyKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeFriendlyKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeFriendlyKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeFriendlyKiwi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Securing a rented property before job secured

If you are open and honest, and present a trustworthy image, then you should be able to find a flat without any problems

I did this last year, similar situation to yourself - and as an indication of my integrity I was prepared to place a deposit when signing the rental contract. My landlord was happy to accept this.

Of course, as with everything in life, results may vary - depending on you, your landlord, the location & town, the current rental market, etc etc.

PS: instead of a hotel, consider looking for a Pension - they will be much much cheaper, and much friendlier, and normally they will do special deals for longer term bookings: eg: if you commit to say 4 weeks in advance etc.

Be aware of the Zugeltermine: the official Swiss moving dates. This has a big impact on apartment availability. Next official moving date is end of March.

Good luck!

Good luck!