View Single Post
Old 08.02.2013, 15:34
Forum Legend

Groaned at 523 Times in 442 Posts
Thanked 20,386 Times in 10,730 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: implications of being added in to Commercial register

Quote:
View Post
I hope some is able to guide me in the right directions. I am associated with a joint stock company based in Switzerland. For some very good reasons I have been asked to register myself in the commercial register or chamber of commerce on my company's behalf. So legally I would be able to sign documents.
My company is based in Basel city. Would there be any implications if for example I resign in two years time, or the company goes bankkrupt or I am laid off in terms of RAV or other liabilities in the future.
I assume you are talking about the Handelsregister.

If it is a limited company (GmbH or AG) then financial liability is limited to whatever is agreed for the company.

Legally you do need to be listed to able to sign documents.

You can remove your name from the Handelsregister at any time; if that leaves you with any residual liabilities I do not know - I guess you have to ask a Swiss lawyer & also to check exactly what it says in your the handelsregister entry.
This user would like to thank marton for this useful post: