View Single Post
Old 14.02.2013, 23:18
Firebird's Avatar
Firebird Firebird is offline
Newbie 1st class
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Aargau
Posts: 17
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Firebird has no particular reputation at present
Re: Permit to live here without a job/as a Student from UK

When I was struggling to find a job my boyfriend and I looked into getting me registered as his partner. We had to prove that we had been together for at least 6 months before coming to Switzerland, he had to pay for my dependents permit and prove he could financially support me whilst I was living in Switzerland with him.

From what I understood it wouldn't have precluded me from looking for a job whilst I was here but it was not a work permit. As I am also British with a UK passport I believe (but am not 100% sure) that I would have been able to *look* for work since I would have been covered by the various freedom of movement and labour agreements within the EU but if I found work I would need a new work and residence permit like everyone else and my dependents permit would have been cancelled.

What kind of studies is she undertaking? The company I work for often take students on for internship placements part-time. If she's a scientist then I might be able to help when the time comes.
Reply With Quote