View Single Post
Old 20.02.2013, 23:58
Forum Legend

Groaned at 124 Times in 91 Posts
Thanked 7,411 Times in 3,489 Posts
Mrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Getting a gardening firm for earthworks: advice

Quote:
View Post
My husband and I have bought our dream house, and have a budget to landscape the garden into a paradise for geese (rather than the somewhat overbuilt, overgrown-with-uninteresting-vegetation wasteland it is at the moment). It's a big garden and we expect to pay around CHF 100k for the work we want done, which includes structural improvements to the terrace and the slope and removal of foundations for random buildings which don't have planning permission.
Aside from planning permission, you would be well advised to check with the local Tierschutz about the rules regarding the keeping of geese. You may require special fencing and there may be rules about how many you can keep, how much space they need, etc.

The last thing you want to find out after having spent a great deal of money is that something doesn't meet their approval.

Having looked into building an aviary, one thing I have learned is nothing here is ever simple.

I agree with others about using local tradespeople whenever possible. You will quickly earn respect and acceptance in the community by showing you support the local businesses.

Good luck with your project. I hope you will post some pics when it is completed.

The following 2 users would like to thank Mrs. Doolittle for this useful post: