View Single Post
Old 26.02.2013, 15:26
Forum Legend

Groaned at 237 Times in 154 Posts
Thanked 12,188 Times in 5,300 Posts
TiMow has a reputation beyond reputeTiMow has a reputation beyond reputeTiMow has a reputation beyond reputeTiMow has a reputation beyond reputeTiMow has a reputation beyond reputeTiMow has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bicycle Lights and Swiss Highway Regs

Sorry, but I have to laugh ..... the majority of bikes I see after dark, usually have no lights - unfortunately, even kids (where are the parents?).

Bearing in mind that everyone is clad in dark clothing, and that a front and rear light set, with batteries, can be found for as little as 10 chufs, I find the complacency unbelievable.
Even those with built in dynamo lights can't be arsed to use them.

Best advice is to have what you feel safest with, and sod those nosey gits who think they know better.

Personally, all this official (and other) negativity to blinking lights is jobsworth bollocks. I am much more aware of cyclists with flashing lights, than those with permanent light - especially when there is no relative movement in the lateral plane.

Interesting to note that other road users (motorists) can look directly at you/your light and not see you - particularly when they want to pull out in front of you.
If I suspect this when riding my motorbike (with headlight on), I usually wiggle from side to side.

EDIT: reply is in answer to OP (check date next time), but I'll leave it anyway.