Thread: Hd Tv
View Single Post
Old 13.03.2006, 12:28
Forum Legend

Groaned at 46 Times in 33 Posts
Thanked 2,214 Times in 1,065 Posts
krlock3 has a reputation beyond reputekrlock3 has a reputation beyond reputekrlock3 has a reputation beyond reputekrlock3 has a reputation beyond reputekrlock3 has a reputation beyond reputekrlock3 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hd Tv

Quote:
Well as this was all about HDTV I thought this little gem might be interesting:

I have it from a good source that the 94cm LCD HD panels are about to go the same route as the 82cm that means under CHF 1500. The price today is circa 2200 to 2500 so this is a big drop. Interestingly I was in MM the other day and noticed that there was a lot(10?) of 82cm at 1449 and 1499. Looking at toppreise there is none/one under 1500. Is toppreise a bit out of date?

Richard
i dont think you will see good quality lcds anywhere near that price just yet. maybe some grey imports from cheapo companies might put out 37inch lcds around 2000 by year end.

you do get what you pay for at the moment with lcds and quality varies wildly. online you can find good 37inch to 40inch lcds online from 3000 to 5000. the new samsungs, the old samsungs, the new sony bravias, for example. you pay a hefty premium to find these in store, mostly.

azone, preisinsel, hawk.ch are three options, for example.

its relatively important to get lcds which are labelled HD ready AND have a HDMI port. this should make them futureproof for awhile.

krlock