View Single Post
Old 11.03.2013, 11:04

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
bmwx3 has no particular reputation at present
Re: Importing BMW X5 35D from US to Switzerland

Hi,

I have just moved back to Switzerland as well and imported a 2011 X3.

DMV ok EXCEPT, yellow headlights need to be turned off.

I'm really strugelling with that, BMW garage won't do it...

Can you help me? Where did you get your lights changed?

Thanks a lot

Quote:
View Post
Hello All,

We have just moved to Switzerland from the USA and brought our vehicles with us. I brought my 2011 BMW X5 35D and it is currently having the minor changes done to pass the Swiss DMV inspections. Some lights had to be changed and other small things. All there went fine and we're picking up the Swiss license plate this week.

Now as for the GPS/Navigation system, that's a whole different story. BMW Switzerland dealers are not allowed anymore to give out the program CODE needed to change the GPS/NAV system to BMWs imported to Switzerland. We are completely annoyed with this because this is not a "Grey" import but a Haushalt import. So at this point my $2000 GPS/NAV is of no use. Totally ridiculous. We have been loyal BMW customers and this is in my opinion illegal of BMW to hold back this info. We were told by BMW USA that the GPS change should be no problem as all it is a code needed to change the programming.

If anyone has any new info or update on this GPS matter, we would greatly appreciate it!!! If I find out something new, I will post again as well.