View Single Post
Old 02.04.2013, 10:13

Groaned at 4 Times in 2 Posts
Big Mac #24 has earned some respectBig Mac #24 has earned some respect
Re: The (Ice) Hockey Thread

I have a new favourite Swiss player in Tristan Scherwey from SCB.

He's an excellent skater with a low centre of gravity, plays at a very high tempo and with a N American style.

He's in your face without going over the top, and hits everything on the ice. He crashes the net at his own risk for his teams gain. Due to his tempo and maybe at times over-exertion, he probably draws a few unecessary penalties, but you have to accept that with a player who plays that game. Key is that he draws at least as many penalties from the opposition that he gets himself! He releases enough shots to creat chances fro himself and others, and I think has a great future ahead of him - definitely is a fan favourite already in Bern.

He may be just slightly not quite good enough for the National team, as there are always a few players around that play the same kind of game as him, but get more points - Reto Von Arx being the prime example.

That's my opinion of him having watched games 3, 5 and 7 of the Zug series live in Bern and a couple of playoff games on TV (He was more or the less the only player who turned up for SCB in Game 5 when Zug hammered them in Bern.

I'm Gotteron fan, just love hockey and players who play with the right attitude!

Views?
This user would like to thank Big Mac #24 for this useful post: