View Single Post
Old 08.04.2013, 11:39
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 6 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 1,038 Times in 587 Posts
axman has a reputation beyond reputeaxman has a reputation beyond reputeaxman has a reputation beyond reputeaxman has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Connecting a German 220V kitchen appliance bought in France to a 400V outlet in C

I think you are worrying too much about something that a professional needs to look at anyway.

I just got a kitchen installed from Germany.

The German kitchen co. told us upfront that we need to get a local electrician in to help install the equipment. The process was more like this:

In the offer from the kitchen guys, they note down in the plan exactly where what socket needs to be, including the voltage, amp, whatever. This will happen anyway as when you plan your kitchen, you might want to move your fridge elsewhere for example, or add in a steamer, or some downlights within the cabinets, or simply put in extra sockets.

Then I called the electrician and showed him the plan. He proceeded to draw a few things on the wall, where he would put what, and came back a few days later with the quote. When all agreed, you just need to coordinate with the kitchen guys as the electrician would need to prepare the sockets before the kitchen arrives, and also he needs to be there to install the equipment when the kitchen arrives.

PS: I also got Siemens stuff. Siemens Schweiz will take care of the service and guarantee, as long as you order the models which are also available in Switzerland. No problem.
The following 2 users would like to thank axman for this useful post: