View Single Post
Old 17.04.2013, 16:29
Forum Legend

Groaned at 118 Times in 102 Posts
Thanked 16,857 Times in 5,912 Posts
PaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The (Ice) Hockey Thread

Gutted

We just weren't consistent enough and couldn't cope with SCB's system. The first goal was always going to be decisive; incredibly, every playoff game in which Gottéron scored first, they won and only won a single game where they had to come from behind. Once SCB went ahead it was always going to be difficult to break them down. For many Gottéron players, this was their 1st final, and the experience will be invaluable. They are bringing in experienced and exciting players and clearing the decks a little, so that bodes well for next year.

As for SCB, what can I say? They have the most offensive fans in the league and I would rather lose to anyone else but them. There's a nice little video circulating of the Fribourg-born SCB players Bertschy and Scherwey burning a Gottéron scarf and singing "Hurensöhne Gottéron" into a microphone during the post-match celebrations. Classy . No respect and no class.