View Single Post
Old 19.04.2013, 16:06
slingb slingb is offline
Forum Veteran
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Vaud
Posts: 506
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 332 Times in 217 Posts
slingb is considered knowledgeableslingb is considered knowledgeableslingb is considered knowledgeable
Re: Have only Swiss visa so far (no residence permit): Can I invite girlfriend to vis

The D visa is simply to enter Switzerland. The u need to register (complete some forms incl. the application for a residence permit, pay fee etc) with the town hall where you will be living.

They send off the documents to a central agency who issues your residence permit, and they contact you when to go and collect it.

The problem is I don't know if you can invite people befire the permit is actually issued (which can take weeks after you register) as 'in theory' the cantonal migration authorities can say no to your permit. But best to ask at the town hall when you go to register, that you need to invite someone.

But to be honest, i dont think you can make the deadline you mention -- if you haven't moved to CH yet, and she needs the form next week. But maybe the town hall can stamp the form saying "application for permit in progress or something" and let you use that..
Reply With Quote