View Single Post
Old 20.04.2013, 23:43
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 34 Times in 22 Posts
BaselLife is considered knowledgeableBaselLife is considered knowledgeableBaselLife is considered knowledgeable
Re: Surface Pro review

Hi,

sounds like your experience with Macbook Air is similar to mine with Windows, I just go into sleep mode and so it means it is very quick to start working again We are talking quite a short period of time. With Windows 8 and an SSD it is even faster.

Apart from a Windows 8 tablet I have not used any other tablets which even come close to replacing a laptop for most of the tasks for which I use a computer. An ipad is ok if all you are doing is reading but as soon as you need to type or get any work done you really need to change to a laptop.

Windows 8 is a lot better than people who have never used it are saying. I have a non touch laptop with it installed and a Windows 8 tablet and I am delighted with both of them.

It seems Windows 8.1 (Blue) will come this year and it will allow you to boot directly to the Desktop mode and also the start button will reappear ...though it never went away...it was just replaced with the Windows key.

If I had an Mac Book Air I think the first thing I would do is install Windows 8 on it.

Have fun

Martin