View Single Post
Old 08.03.2008, 22:28
swinburne swinburne is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 33
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
swinburne has no particular reputation at present
Re: Proof of safe electrics before we buy house

I was the one that posted the original thread here. The next installment is that I have heard from the electrician who has made the repairs to the Chalet. He has sent me a letter in french telling me what work he has carried out. There is also an official looking document which is the 'Rapport de scurite de l'installation eletrique (RS)'. I think this looks like the right document that we need. One question I do have is that when I looked at the list of registered electricians to carry out this work in the area I could not find him. I know that he is well respected and seems to carry out all the electrics in the village, he is mentioned on the Commune website. The original owner employed him to carry out the work and he was paid by the orginal owner. Do you think we will be OK or should be get a second opinion or do you think I am being a bit picky. look forward to hearing from you soon
Reply With Quote