View Single Post
Old 02.05.2013, 19:08

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nukles has no particular reputation at present
Car insurance outside Switzerland

Hi all,

I am going to choose a new insurance for my car as I wasn't happy with the previous one. I found out that whilst insurance is basically valid in all Europe and North Africa, usually what is not covered is the 24h towing service (meaning if you have a breakdown then somebody is coming to help you). You can have it as a premium.

However, I found out that with with TCS you can get this same kind of cover for Switzerland only, not for abroad.

I was wondering: do you expats have this "towing service" coverage also abroad? If your car breaks down abroad, do you have a service that covers that? Do you know any way to get such a coverage abroad OUTSIDE of the car insurance?

In fact so far I found that with some companies they are available to offer that sort of cover ONLY if you are willing to get also other services that I really don't need. So I was wondering to get a basic insurance (without this service) and become a TCS member so that they help me if my car breaks down IN SWITZERLAND. But what about abroad?