View Single Post
Old 11.03.2008, 15:56
Forum Legend

Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Richard has a reputation beyond reputeRichard has a reputation beyond reputeRichard has a reputation beyond reputeRichard has a reputation beyond reputeRichard has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Freizuegigkeitskonto [vested benefit account]

Quote:
View Post
Hi,

According to calculations that I have on my pension statement - I have basically the contributions for the year + interest earned + surplus. Contributions for the year are the combined contributions from myself (what's deducted from my pay) and the company. I figured out that company's contribution is 4%.

On my pension statement, I see my pensionable salary which is equal to my current annual salary. As vested benefits, I see BVG portion and Total vested benefits. Line above it says that interest rate for BVG portion is 2.75% and extra-mandatory portion (Total - BVG portion) is 2.25%. My BVG portion is approx one third of total. Does it mean that I can take everything except BVG portion out? Or in other words, BVG is acually the mandatory part of 2nd pillar?

I tried to use the algorithm mentioned in another thread to calculate mandatory portion but it doesn't correspond to the BVG figure of my pension statement so that's why my question.

Thanks!!
BVG = 79,560 -23205 * x%
where x is the % stated in your policy.
Note this is a deduction not the value paid to your account.

Everything above 79,560 is super-obligatory. It can but must not use the same figure x as the percentage and again this is the deduction.

What is actually paid into your savings account part of the BVG is then dependent on the insured risk your policy defines. By risk I mean risk of death... This determines the pension your widow gets etc.

Your part of the equation is at most half of x.

Clear?