Thread: Weather!
View Single Post
Old 20.05.2013, 11:02
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 15 Times in 9 Posts
Thanked 1,733 Times in 510 Posts
Desert Rat has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Rat has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Rat has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Rat has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Rat has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Rat has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Weather!

You can get tired of anything.

At my home in the states, there are more than 300 days of sunshine a year. I loved it when I originally moved to that part of the country from the midwest, but started missing the rain after a while (only about 20 cm per year).

Whenever it did rain, people tended to treat it like a bid deal, go out on the patio to watch the lightning, etc. Snow? forget about it, maybe 1-2 cm about once every ten years. 10 months out of the year, cargo shorts and a hoodie were as bundled up as you ever needed to get, unless going up to the mountains.

When we moved to Europe, I was actually pretty excited to live somewhere with seasons, lot's of greenery, and getting to see snow again.

This last year in Geneva started out like:
"Hey, doesn't this rain make everything smell so clean?"
"Honey, did I bring a raincoat?"
"D'oh! I forgot about mosquitos!"
"Where's the mop? The stupid dog left muddy paw prints all over the kitchen!"

Followed up by:
"Isn't the snow so beautiful"
"Honey, didn't I have a wool overcoat about 10 years ago?"
"Hey kids, lets build a snow fort!"
"The snow's so deep I can't get this gate open!"
"Where can I get a snow shovel?"
"When is this white sh!t going to stop?"

Now I'm at the point that I think I'm growing moss on my undercarriage and I've actually worn out an umbrella, which I didn't even know was possible. I can't wait to see the sun again.
Stupid rain.
The following 6 users would like to thank Desert Rat for this useful post: