View Single Post
Old 20.05.2013, 21:54
Forum Legend

Groaned at 124 Times in 91 Posts
Thanked 7,487 Times in 3,521 Posts
Mrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Plastering a wall ...... question.

Quote:
View Post
Whovever invented the bumpy walls obviously has never had to try and dust cobwebs off them! Or carry laundry baskets up and down stairs - scraping knuckle skin onto walls.
The plaster is rough unless it is painted. The more it is painted, the smoother it gets.

There are many different types of plaster finish.

My problem is that the rooms where there was wallpaper in our new house have flat walls and I really wanted just to paint them. The walls are concrete and already have a base layer of plaster. But all the painters have told me it is a huge mistake not to put plaster them with and then paint.

So they don't look strange compared to the rest of the house, I pretty much have to stick with the same style plaster.

The paint has also been a topic. I want a washable paint and for some reason painters think this is an odd request.

Luckily most of the the ceilings are wood (oak) and don't need painting.