View Single Post
Old 22.05.2013, 20:54
Forum Legend

Groaned at 461 Times in 352 Posts
Thanked 23,091 Times in 11,824 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Police roadside control ...... on the autobahn.

Quote:
View Post
So, driving SW from Fribourg this afternoon, on the A12 autobahn, there were a couple of temporary folding triangle-pyramid warning signs, with 'POLICE' on them, either side of the two lanes.
These were followed by pairs of the same collapsible signs with speed reductions ....... 100-80-60, then two lanes into one sign, moving left into the o/s lane.

OK, accident ahead - possibly a big one, with all these signs.

The right lane and hard shoulder were coned off, and at the start were a couple of Police vehicles parked - but no flashing blue lights.
Then vehicles parked on the hard shoulder ...... but not a dent or any broken glass or plastic in sight, and more Police cars - and plenty of 'blue boys' milling around ...... but still no pile up.

Then a couple of cars in front get gestured to pull into the (approx.) 100+m coned area.

It was obvious, as I slowly drove past, that this was just a normal vehicle/driver control - albeit concentrated attack - to check legalities of those, and their vehicles, in the middle of the autobahn, on a Wednesday afternoon.

I've seen plenty of Police controls before - but never on an a motorway.
I went through that at about 1600, I think they were checking vignettes.