View Single Post
Old 13.06.2013, 12:11
Newbie 1st class

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Scott_Richards has no particular reputation at present
Orange mobile international roaming

A word of caution to anyone with an Orange subscription - I have just spent ~30 minutes on my 11th phone call with Orange customer in 2 weeks after they took my order for an international roaming package then, inexplicably, cancelled the order later the same evening prior to my travels.

The initial few days was spent calling or being called by Orange for (about ~30 min per call), mostly being put on hold while a long trail of uninformed and generally unhelpful & disinterested customer service reps passed me around the office. Finally, a manger was introduced (three days after my initial request) to listen to the recorded call of my order, which served as proof that the error was with Orange. Since that time, there have been several confused, time-wasting, & entirely uninformative follow-up calls, culminating in a final confrontational session today, only to find out (at the end) that a new bill was in fact sent out to me.

A few words of advice:

1) If you are tempted to use Orange, have a drink or a cup of tea, think of the agony of dealing with a hostile and dreadfully incompetent customer service team after an error of the company's own commission, and decide that it would be a tragic mistake.

2) If you are already an unlucky customer, ask plenty of questions (repetitively) to any customer service rep to ensure that the information they provide is consistent and correct. If possible, order on-line.

3) Consistently monitor charges on your bill, especially if using a roaming package of any sort. And be mindful that it takes ~24 - 48 hours for new usage information to show up in your account on-line.