View Single Post
Old 26.06.2013, 08:16
Forum Legend

Groaned at 391 Times in 302 Posts
Thanked 16,780 Times in 9,467 Posts
Medea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: My dad was born in Zurich, and his mother is Swiss. I was born in Brazil. Can I g

This from the official www.bfm.admin.ch website:

I have a Swiss mother or a Swiss father, but I am not a Swiss citizen. Do I have a possibility of facilitated naturalisation?
In certain cases, the Nationality Act (Art. 31a, Art. 31b, Art. 58a, Art. 58b) allows for facilitated naturalisation. For further information, please contact the Federal Office for Migration, Naturalisation Section, Quellenweg 6, 3003 Berne-Wabern ( email) or, if you are resident abroad, the relevant Swiss representation.

I think I recall from other threads on the subject here though that unless your father applies/applied by a certain age he loses the right to claim Swiss citizenship. If that's so, then there's no chance you'd get it. You need to check with the Swiss representation in your country to find out more.

This thread may help too:

Is he Swiss or not!?

So you may also need to prove "close ties with Switzerland" for any naturalisation process.

Last edited by Medea Fleecestealer; 26.06.2013 at 08:26.
The following 2 users would like to thank Medea Fleecestealer for this useful post: