View Single Post
Old 26.06.2013, 10:05
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 99 Times in 89 Posts
Thanked 2,984 Times in 1,429 Posts
Texaner has a reputation beyond reputeTexaner has a reputation beyond reputeTexaner has a reputation beyond reputeTexaner has a reputation beyond reputeTexaner has a reputation beyond reputeTexaner has a reputation beyond repute
Re: My dad was born in Zurich, and his mother is Swiss. I was born in Brazil. Can I g

The circumstances under which a person may be eligible for facilitated naturalization are spelled out in English at the bottom of this page.

From what the OP has posted, it sounds like the OP's father may be eligible to apply for facilitated naturalization, if close ties with Switzerland have been maintained. However, the OP would not be eligible (but would have been, had the father applied for and received citizenship through facilitated naturalization before the OP was 18 years old).

To get the clearest possible answer as to whether one is eligible to apply for facilitated naturalization, I recommend writing to the nearest Swiss embassy or consulate, describing in as much detail as possible the relevant history, relationships, nationalities, etc. The respective Swiss embassy/consulate staff can then ask any necessary clarifying questions, and inform the inquiring party as to whether the case merits an application, and (if it does) how to start the process.