Thread: Ask a Scientist
View Single Post
Old 28.06.2013, 00:31
Forum Legend

Groaned at 508 Times in 431 Posts
Thanked 19,847 Times in 10,478 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ask a Scientist

Quote:
View Post
What a great thread. I cant beleive i missed it! I always have random science questions. I dont know how I will make it through the whole topic, but i want to read it all.

Two questions ive been wondering about right now are:
1.Suppose the universe is in fact spinning (googling a bit tells me this is very likely), could that be the cause of the gravitational pull on Earth, sort of like a centrifuge?

2. The big question in quantum mechanics as i understand, is how a particle sometimes acts like a particle and sometimes acts like a wave (double slit experiement). So what i wonder is how do we know that particles arent just traveling on a wave of another sort of energy? Maybe shooting them individually simply interrupts this natural pattern.
1. Spinning generates centrifugal force; this is the apparent force that draws a rotating body away from the center of rotation; that is usually in the opposite direction to gravity.

2. Ummmm....