View Single Post
Old 15.07.2013, 07:41
Forum Legend

Groaned at 395 Times in 304 Posts
Thanked 16,798 Times in 9,476 Posts
Medea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: C permit - my situation. is it worth it

Quote:
View Post
So I've nearly been in CH for 5 years. I'm from oz but have a EU passport.

My work contract runs out at the end of the year (31.12) and as much as they would like to keep me, I don't intend to renew it as I feel it's time to move back. At least for a bit anyways.

So at the start of December I'm eligible for my C permit. Is it worth me getting it before I move? What are the benefits? Will I lose it anyway if I leave for even a short time? Is it a big hassle to acquire a C permit?

Looking for advice on what I should do.
Short answer, no. If you do not intend staying here permanently once you have it there's not a lot of point. If you want to leave Switzerland long term (more than 6 months) you have to notify your commune so a C permit can be put on hold. But the criteria for holding it is very narrow. If you don't meet the criteria and you still want to leave the C permit would be cancelled.

C Permit on Hold
The following 2 users would like to thank Medea Fleecestealer for this useful post: