View Single Post
Old 16.07.2013, 14:46

Groaned at 5 Times in 3 Posts
piazza has made some interesting contributions
Re: C permit - my situation. is it worth it

Quote:
View Post
Not quite. You can only "park" your B or C permit if your absence abroad is to carry out national service or for education purposes, or professional development (eg sent temporarily abroad by your Swiss employer). And you only get your B or C back if you have found a job in Switzerland to return to. (For B permits, the advantage of doing that is that the years counting towards the C permit don't "reset")

Otherwise, anyone with permit B or C who lived here for over 5 years and leaves for any reason, will be get a L or B to work here if they return within 2 years of leaving, and have secured a job.

So if you simply leave you cannot "park" your permit, so the clock will reset no matter what, if you return. But if you were non-EU, then getting C would be advisable, as it means that if you return within 2 years you can get any job without job-approval (though will be under B/L permit, and subject to quotas). But since you are EU, you already have this so no difference really.
Im not sure im understanding you correctly. If I get the C permit and have a EU pass then i dont get to keep it, but if I had a non-EU pass and get the C i would get to keep it for 2 years if I went away for a while?