View Single Post
Old 23.07.2013, 14:14
kroger kroger is offline
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Zurich
Posts: 4
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
kroger has no particular reputation at present
Importing NEW furniture by transport agent

Hello everyone,

I did an extensive research on EF but did not quite get to any post that would help me clarify my doubts.

- I moved from EU to CH 22.08.2012, L permit now
- I plan to buy several newfurniture items in EU (just since my wife loves the brand which is not available in CH)
- I will not be transporting any other used personal effects etc
- I am not going to claim EU VAT back to make things simpler
- I just want to bring items over to CH and pay ~8% VAT as I am supposed to do
- Due to weight and sizes of packages, I'll need a small truck (transportation company, in fact) to deliver the goods from EU warehouse to my address in CH. I have no problem showing up at customs, shall that help.
- As it seems, this qualifies for "commercial goods traffic" - here
"Warning, the term "personal goods" does not refer to:
-Deliveries on behalf of a person for consideration (e.g. furniture)
-Transportation company will just deliver from A to B but have no experience with goods declaration

- is there anything else apart from declaration of goods import (form 18.44, listing new items, paying 8% VAT) that needs to be done, resulting from "commercial goods traffic" clause?

Anyone exercised similar situation?

I guess the alternative to avoid possible hassle could be getting the cargo delivered close to border, unload the lorry, load my private swiss car and perform a regular private import.

Thanks in advance for any hints!
Reply With Quote