View Single Post
Old 27.07.2013, 07:20
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 18 Times in 15 Posts
Thanked 1,387 Times in 550 Posts
little_isabella has a reputation beyond reputelittle_isabella has a reputation beyond reputelittle_isabella has a reputation beyond reputelittle_isabella has a reputation beyond reputelittle_isabella has a reputation beyond repute
Re: cultural difference? lack of luck? please advise where you met your lover‏

I think you sound like a really lovely person. Sorry to hear you're feeling pressure from family and friends to settle down. Are you definitely wanting to settle though, or is your post more of a response to that pressure?

There's really no one size fits all when it comes to the right/best place to meet someone. Everyone says bars are terrible but I can think of some married friends who met their partners in a bar. I have a friend whose one-night stand ten years ago turned into a marriage and two babies. Not conventional but it happens. An alternative to online dating sites are online hobby sites. I met my husband that way when I wasn't at all looking to date and settle down. It turned out that we had a bunch of mutual friends too. Maybe a music or cooking forum? It's a good way to meet guys and girls, and sometimes that friendly group meeting might spark a connection with someone.

Worry not about looking younger. In fact, worry not about looks too much. Be as fit, groomed and healthy as you are happy to be and your confidence will connect you with someone deserving of your worth. My husband and I were friends for years and I saw that his natural preference has been to older, slightly plus-size women - my opposite. Sometimes you fall for someone who doesn't match what you thought you wanted.

So you ask what you should learn and do? Be you.
The following 2 users would like to thank little_isabella for this useful post: