View Single Post
Old 27.07.2013, 23:53
Forum Legend

Groaned at 332 Times in 257 Posts
Thanked 11,716 Times in 6,858 Posts
Wollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond repute
Re: cultural difference? lack of luck? please advise where you met your lover‏

Quote:
View Post
i have changed a bit my mind on age issue since I studied in Swiss coz I found my classmates are all older than me, around their 30's. Relatively, I am not that old but sometimes it's quite difficult to get rid of my thought of origin.

Again, you studied in Switzerland

And your "thought of origin" is rubbish. There of course may be a problem with xenophobic people at times. But you should never surrender, never. What matters is your mind most of all. Yes, there are millions of people in "north of the Alps Europe" who have that "thought of origin problem". And of course feel comfortable if there are other "Mediterranean" people around. But unlike the first generation immigrants, the Secondos/Tricondos simply do not carry that "thought of origin" around. And most immigrants of modern times also do not. And YOU should NOT either.

I might understand you if you lived in Gettnau or Sumiswald or Appenzell or Gruyère, but you live in Geneva, and so you simply should forget about such an inferiority complex right now !
This user would like to thank Wollishofener for this useful post: