View Single Post
Old 02.08.2013, 23:49
Forum Legend

Groaned at 296 Times in 225 Posts
Thanked 19,355 Times in 6,733 Posts
k_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Living/working in different cantons and having to pay double tax

Quote:
View Post
This is my first post here, so hello everyone!

I have a question because I am in a difficult situation. I am on a B permit, so sourced at tax. I live in a different canton from where I work, so I think my employer pays the tax in their canton (Zurich), which then has to transfer the money to mine.

The problem is that my canton & gemeinde have not received the money still, so they both sent me bills which I had to pay in the end because deadlines were approaching. They told me they understood the situation and that Zurich often does that because they are busy, but I had to pay the taxes before the deadline nonetheless otherwise I would be fined. They would then refund me the taxes once they received the money from Zurich.

Now it's been a month, and I still have not received a refund. So Zurich has been holding money which isn't theirs for over 7 months now.

Is there anything I can do about this?
You pay tax at source in the kanton/municipality you live. Not the where you work.

Please read this document for more information
http://www.steueramt.zh.ch/dam/finan...t_qst12_en.pdf
The following 2 users would like to thank k_and_e for this useful post: