View Single Post
Old 03.08.2013, 12:01
Forum Legend

Groaned at 333 Times in 258 Posts
Thanked 11,716 Times in 6,858 Posts
Wollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Those active older Swiss people

Quote:
View Post
Hi all,
This might seem like a weird question, but I've always been curious about the hoards of older hikers/outdoors people (50-60+) who take group reservations on the trains. I love seeing them heading out on the trains and on the hiking trails. There are so many of them sometimes, that I wonder if they were all friends for years before their adventure or if there are communities of older adults in Switzerland who organize these events? Something like meetup.org but in real life In the US in some cities we have community centers that geared specifically toward the elderly and have various fitness, arts, learning, etc. events, so I wondered if it was something like that, or if such a place exists in Switzerland.

I do research in aging so perhaps that's why I'm a young person who is interested in this

Thanks for your help!

> first of all I strictly oppose !!
50+ people are aging but youngish
60+ people are aging but still feeling youngish
70+ people are aging average
80+ people are aging and starting to get old
90+ people are gradually realising to be really old
100+ people FEEL old

and did those no longer really young people really know each other for decades ? The so-called "hard-core" possibly yes. Others are neighbours or members of a particular association or club or co-operative

I mean I sometimes meet people I knew since schooltime in the 1950ies and 60ies. And then there are lots of people I learnt to know after about 1968. And then there a "newcomers" I learnt to know as late as after 1975. And then there even are people I learnt to know after 2008, which means quite recently
The following 7 users would like to thank Wollishofener for this useful post: