View Single Post
Old 04.08.2013, 13:18
Forum Legend

Groaned at 333 Times in 258 Posts
Thanked 11,716 Times in 6,858 Posts
Wollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond repute
Re: cultural difference? lack of luck? please advise where you met your lover‏

Quote:
View Post
hi, i think IN THE WORLD, there are thousands of things to learn. UNFORTUNATELY, LIFE is limited and I have to choose only one or two among them.

your statement can apply for all the below:

Why not learn hindu? Why not learn Thai? Why not learn bangladesh?
Why not learn Korean? Why not learn Malay? etc.............because they are quite different from Chinese.

I do thank you for your idea and I do appreciate their own culture.

However, please note that I don't live there and I won't because I don't like hot weather (I hate HK hot weather as well and I like snow!!!!). I don't see the point to learn south asian culture (so I can have a full picture of Asia?? How about the rest of the world??), especially in Switzerland. It's funny to tell a Chinese living in Switzerland/Europe to learn Indian. That's something like I let a Indian learn Vietnamese when he is living in Japan, or let a English guy go to Korea to learn Thai. BE LOCAL and don't make your life SO COMPLICATED.

To be honest, if I want to go further, I will choose among German, French and Spanish that's why I come to Europe. Thank you for your understanding.
Well, the one teacher I admired most and who coined my understanding of history, when we met him fluently spoke and wrote German, English, Danish, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese and Russian and after retirement learnt Polish and Greek.

I never was up to him and so I only more or less fluently speak German, English and French and lousily Italian and Arabic and a few words of Spanish, plus some splinters of Portuguese.